|Supply Chain Optimization - Our 3-Step Process
CDC uses a three-step process to optimize a supply chain network, resulting in initial supply-chain cost savings on LTL loads of 10 to 40 percent for most of our customers.
Step 1 - Existing Network Data Gathering
- We conduct an initial review of your supply chain network to understand your business goals and objectives.
- We work with you to prepare a network data download of qualified products for analysis.
- We prepare data for analysis in relevant categories: by vendor, product, distributor, demand and order history, temperature, freight method, weight category, etc.
Step 2 – Supply Chain Cost Comparison Analysis
- We conduct a Cost Comparison Analysis of qualified SKUs to determine better stocking and delivery strategies to drive costs out of the system.
- We provide optimal performance recommendations to improve profitability in areas of greatest importance to you: purchasing, freight, inventory and/or distribution.
- We submit a Supply Chain Optimization Plan upon completion of the analysis. Solutions typically result in increased efficiency and supply-chain cost savings on LTL movement ranging from 10% to 40% compared to your existing LTL network strategy.
- Our analysis can encompass as much of your supply chain as you wish, from regional-based to company-wide.
Step 3 – New Strategy Implementation
- We work with you to maximize cost savings by seamlessly transitioning changes in product movement to or from central distribution centers, regional distribution centers, forward-warehouses and redistribution locations.
- We spearhead specific inventory, redistribution and freight logistics solutions and work closely with you to manage all new strategy recommendations to reduce costs, transparently.
- Upon final execution of a redistribution contract, CDC can begin delivering qualified redistribution products to distribution centers within 30 to 60 days.